Nominations for the 2018 Reconciliation Dinner will open on Thanksgiving Day – Thursday, November 23, 2017 – and remain open until Friday, January 5, 2018.
Nominate Someone to Participate
The 2018 Reconciliation Dinner Steering Committee invites the community to nominate individuals to attend the dinner and participate in a roundtable discussion about racial reconciliation in our community.
Participants will be selected to attend the dinner based on a clear, demonstrated record of achievement or potential to promote racial justice and equality. The Steering Committee seeks nominations of participants who have advocated change in the community by, for example:
- Speaking at public meetings for positive improvements in the neighborhood;
- Registering voters and helping people get to the polls;
- Starting a community garden or neighborhood watch to help integrate their community;
- Working with our youth to help them build a positive future;
- Hosting a meet and greet for candidates who work for racial justice and equality;
- Engaging in any other activity promoting racial equality.
Space is limited to approximately 100 participants. All nominations will be considered by the 2018 Reconciliation Dinner Steering Committee with the goal of bringing together participants who are diverse in race, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, profession, and experience.
2018 Reconciliation Dinner Shreveport Nominations
Centenary College of Louisiana
c/o Kate Pedrotty
2911 Centenary Boulevard
Shreveport, LA 71104